The Vice Provost’s Council on the Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC) is a prestigious community relations board in north Miami-Dade County. It is comprised of a diverse group of business and civic leaders who act as brand ambassadors and advocates for FIU, in general, and BBC, specifically. Our community members work to strengthen one of the most vital resources of South Florida’s infrastructure — FIU.
The Council links the community and academia.
Through a variety of meetings and events, the Council brings the needs of the business and civic community to the campus to influence the future of bright young minds by contributing their business and life experience. The Vice Provost’s Council also helps BBC build community networks, achieve affinity, promote the FIU/BBC brand and develop strategic fundraising goals.
The Vice Provost’s Council is a group of professional, business and civic leaders whose mission is to:
- Serve as FIU/BBC’s brand ambassadors.
- Promote FIU and BBC’s academic programs, activities and achievements in the community.
- Involve leading citizens of South Florida in the academic and cultural activities of the university.
- Assist the university in expanding its financial base by securing private financial support for student scholarships on the Biscayne Bay Campus.
- Provide a mentoring program for students on the Biscayne Bay Campus.
- Leadership at one of the nation’s most dynamic urban public universities.
- Networking opportunities through interaction with a high-level group of community and university leaders.
- Recognition on the BBC website and on all promotional material of the Council.
- Expansion of one’s knowledge base through direct involvement and interaction with students and faculty.
- Exclusive invitations to university and community events. These include lectures and events at the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and the Wolfsonian-FIU, as well as social and cultural events designed exclusively for the Council.
- Opportunity to give back to the community by supporting the anchor public institution of South Florida, and the largest branch campus in Florida, BBC.
Membership in the Vice Provost’s Council is limited and by invitation only, extended from the Vice Provost upon receiving a nomination. Each member makes a $500 cash contribution per year for two years to the university, which is deductible to the fullest extent of the law. A portion of this donation goes towards supporting the Council’s major initiatives of scholarship and mentorship programs. The Vice Provost’s Council contributes to the university’s mission and supports our students, faculty and our community.
For more information, contact the Program Coordinator for Public Affairs, Office of the Vice Provost, at 305 919-4008.